The Okito Coin Box has been a classic in the world of magic since its invention by Dutch magician Theodore Bamberg in 1911. The renowned coin magic master, David Roth, also dedicated a third of his book, Expert Coin Magic, to coin box magic. While there have been various versions of coin boxes, the big three coin boxes are still dominant: the Okito, Boston, and Slot box.
The Okito Box is a coin box without any gimmicks on the main body, named after its inventor. The Boston Box has a groove at the bottom where a coin can be placed, and the Slot Box has a groove inside that catches the coin when poured out. However, the different functions of these coin boxes can be confusing for magic enthusiasts new to coin boxes. This is where the M Box comes in.
The M Box = Okito + Boston, a fusion, and re-creation of the classic.
Designed by veteran coin magician Jimmy Fan, the M Box combines the Okito and Boston boxes in a truly functional fusion, not just merely piecing the two together. Unlike other combined boxes, the M Box has a unique indented groove design that allows it to switch between an Okito Box and a Boston Box with ease during the performance. This means that the M Box is both an Okito and Boston Box, and these two states can be switched even during mid-performance and examined at any time.
If you purchase the “M Box Luxury Set,” you’ll receive the M Box Luxury solid wood storage/display box made of pure walnut wood.
Aside from its magical features, the M Box is also a delicate, collectible magic apparatus in its own right.
Each M Box is pre-fabricated by the factory and then hand-finished and polished by Jimmy Fan. Like all the coin sets from Artisan Coins, each set is hand-refined. In addition, it has the following points:
- Made of H62 brass, it develops a rich and fuller color patina after oxidation.
- Decorative line design, very elegant;
- Perfectly balanced weight. The chamfering and size provide an excellent feel and handling for easy execution of various techniques;
- The spacious interior can fit expanded s***ls.
- A new concept coin box that truly combines the features of the Okito and Boston boxes
- Half Dollar or Morgan Dollar size options are available;
- Made from H62 Brass, handcrafted, with excellent texture. Perfect weight, and feel;
- The tutorial contains multiple routines and applications from Jimmy Fan & Jay Wang.
- Included in the M Box Luxury Set are the M Box, Slot M Box, Sokito (Solid) M Box, and Mini M Box, all contained within a beautiful solid wood storage box made of pure walnut wood.